Intelligent Information Access
Multilingual and Multimodal Information Access.
• Foreign-language search assistants for Document Retrieval, Question Answering and Information Synthesis tasks.
• Shallow and efficient NLP for Information Access.
• Intelligent organization, visualization and browsing of search results.
• Text Mining in Multilingual Collections and Social Media.
• On-line Reputation Management.
Evaluation of Information Access Systems.
• Co-organizers of the Cross-Language Evaluation Forum (CLEF).
• Co-organizers of the CLEF Cross-Language Question Answering track.
• Co-organizers of WePS, the Web People Search Evaluation Campaign (2007-2010).
• Co-organizers of iCLEF, the Interactive Cross-Language Evaluation Forum (2001-2009).
Acquisition and Representation of Lexical, Grammatical and Semantic Knowledge
Word senses, lexical databases, multilingual semantic networks, multilingual thesauri, and multimedia resources.
Word Sense Disambiguation.
Mining the Web for lexical information.
Extraction of Semantic Relations.
Knowledge Acquisition and Textual Inference.